I like the idea of a /now page, first proposed (as far as I know) by Derek Sivers. I think it’s a great way to immediately let people know what you’re doing. I also think it’s an even better way to reflect on your work and priorities in life on a somewhat regular basis. With that in mind, here’s what I’ve been focusing on lately:
- Writing more.
- Learning how to deal with anxiety and panic attacks.
- Cutting out caffeine, alcohol, and sugary snacks.
- Starting a reasonable exercise routine I can stick with. Same for meditation.
- Relying more on paper and pencil than digital tools, for whatever I possibly can.
- Refocusing on community over at Litmus.
- Reconsidering my approach to my email newsletter.
- Rekindling my love for the web, design, and coding.
- Having fun with my family.
- Being more open and honest with my wife, especially as we tackle our financial situation (insert Hamilton reference here).
- Reading as much as I can, making it a priority over TV, movies, and the internet.
Curious how I get it all done? Here’s what I’m currently using.
Updated February, 2017.